Monday, February 22, 2010

Putting things into words


In my current state I've got lots of time, I spend much of this time reading, I stumbled upon this book by Douglas Coupland (and I can throughly recommend all of his other books except Life after god). In that it strikes a chord as to how many people feel about what progress humans have made and what appears to be wrong with the world. It is not to everybody's taste however as you may notice on amazon it has about an even number of bad reviews as it has good reviews. But then for the 1p you can buy it for it might be worth a look.


For those of you who can't be bothered, essentially it boils down to this:

In that society seemed to have improved in various ways but has regressed in many others, in that productivity rules absolute and time for anything else does not exist which reflects the things I state on here. Although this was written in the mid 1990s, there is a sting to the tale here in that this novel never predicts that no matter how much productivity people have it is never enough and jobs get outsourced regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment