Thursday, March 11, 2010

When NMW isn't cheap enough

Mc'ds want you for free work

Precis work for Mc'ds for 10 days and get a GCSE B grade. Which seems a bit iffy to me, but this is early days.

On the flip side Mc'ds might not be exactly a great employer but at least you get paid exactly for the hours that you put in.

As said md 1990s worked there once, I work 10 hours I get paid for 10 hours it was something like £22 for that. Although staff turn over quickly and the morale is low they aren't THAT bad as employers I could never do it again though.

While in the modern day work place, like my old accounting firm I work 80+ hours get paid for 34.5 hours divide that hourly and I was being paid about £3-4 an hour gross before tax. Just goes to show even though Mc'ds may not be a great employer there are much worse ones out there.

Of course we can all hope that Karma sorts this out, in that if you kick people on the way up they may end up kicking you on the way down, question is why all the kicking in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment